Accounts Payable Specialist
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Provides administrative and clerical support to ensure that accounts payable data is collated and processed in a confidential and timely manner. Responsible for maintaining vendor account information, posting, verifying, and reconciling invoices and processing of disbursements to vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail.
• Process three-way match (P.O., receiver, and vendor invoice).
• Process check requests.
• Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly.
• Maintain 1099 vendors.
• Respond to all vendor inquiries.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies.
• Assist in month end closing.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR ABILITIES:
• Three years accounts payable and general accounting experience.
• Must have strong work ethics
• Must be well organized and a self-starter.
• Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
• Experience with Syteline or similar experience on a computerized accounting system.
• Strong organizational, analytical and account reconciliation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and 10-key by touch
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Ability to exercise good judgment; make decisions in a logical and rational manner
Environmental and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift to 20lbs.
• Sedentary job for most of the eight-hour day.
• Limited stooping, bending and overhead lifting.
• Mixed environment with office spaces and machine shops.
• Must be willing to work extra hours during times of deadlines and during January for preparation of year-end audit.
• Limited travel may be required.
TOMCO₂ Systems Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and comply with all related employment regulatory requirements. We do not discriminate in employment related decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
TOMCO₂ Systems Company is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.