Project Engineer – Electrical Design Engineer
Position Title: Project Engineer – Electrical Design Engineer
Office Location: Loganville, Georgia
Exemption Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Date: July 11, 2023
The “Project Engineer – Electrical” at Tomco will be a key leader & contributor on our engineering team with power & controls experience. In this position you will produce calculations & drawings, manage bills of materials, and support in house manufacturing. You should also have a sharp eye for detail and some leadership skills.
- Calculations, analysis, and design & testing in accordance with key electrical regulatory codes, including but not limited to the following:
- UL 508A, cUL, NEC, and CSA
- Design control schematics, panel layout, PLC design, and hardware selection.
- Provide technical support for operations and sales as needed.
- Review & design within customer specifications, while in accordance with UL508A and NEC
- Collaborates with engineers, design professionals, and contractors.
- Create drawings with engineered Bills of Materials.
- Assist with allocation of responsibilities for project support between a Project Manager, QC and/or Safety Officer.
- Routinely evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports with relevant recommendations.
- Support Checkout of all electrical systems
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues immediately.
- Attend company and industry events including meetings, trainings, workshops, when scheduled.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in industrial controls design.
- Experience with designing refrigeration control systems is preferred
- Experience using CAD (DraftSight & Solidworks Electrical)
- Experience using PDM & ERP software’s.
- Manufacturing Experience
- Understanding of procedures, material, and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and OSHA safety standards
- Working knowledge of Adobe & MS Office, especially Excel and Word
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Strong attention to detail
Tomco Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and comply with all related employment regulatory requirements. We do not discriminate in employment related decisions based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Tomco Systems is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without warning.