Accounts Receivable Specialist
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Office Location: Georgia
Exemption Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Date: January 12, 2022
Job Summary: The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for assisting with the collections and cash application activities for multiple locations in various states within a rapidly expanding organization. This specialist will contact and build relationships with our customers to collect outstanding receivables and apply cash collections to outstanding receivables. The AR Specialist should always exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness, and possesses excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a rapidly expanding company via acquisitions
- Ability to handle high volume cash applications
- Experience working with multiple ERP systems as it relates to the collections and cash application functions
- Partner with business locations to ensure timely collections and cash application
- Collaborate with the locations on collections related issues to ensure their outstanding balances owed are kept at the lowest possible levels and that root-cause issues are identified and corrected
- Proven ability to analyze complex process errors, identify and implement root cause corrections
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, preferred but not required
- 5+ years of collections and cash application experience with high transactional volume
- Demonstrated ability to interface with both internal and external partners and customers
- Experience with Microsoft Navigator and/or QuickBooks is a plus
- Effective analytical skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, time management and prioritization skills are necessary to be effective in a fast-paced work environment
- High problem-solving skills
- Strong presence and professionalism
Tomco Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and comply with all related employment regulatory requirements. We do not discriminate in employment related decisions based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Tomco Systems is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without warning.