Radiographer / Quality Control Inspector
Position Title: Radiographer / Quality Control Inspector
Office Location: Loganville, Georgia
Exemption Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Reports To: Quality Director
Date: August 15, 2023
Performs radiographic, hydrostatic, and visual testing and/or inspection of pressure vessels, manufactured products, and incoming parts. Verify fit, form and function as well as adherence to A.S.M.E codes, customer specifications and engineering drawings. Document results of testing and inspection procedures. This position is from 3 AM to 2PM but may require earlier arrival times to perform radiography.
- Weld Inspection.
- Review specifications, drawings, and sales orders of each manufactured product.
- Inspect manufactured products to insure full adherence to specifications, drawings, and sales orders.
- Proficiency with hand tools and measuring equipment, tape measures, calipers, cam gauges etc.
- Knowledge of A.S.M.E. codes.
- Familiar with N.D.E. techniques. Liquid Penetrant, Visual Inspection.
- Complete documentation for all inspections.
- Perform parts inspections.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Interact with management, plant personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Communicate with Quality Director concerning workload, customer info, feedback from field, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Reports to the Quality Director, conducts systems testing and inspections to the prescribed standards and complete quality documents.
- May assist in another location of the plant or travel if needed.
- Production attendance policy will apply.
- Minimum High School Diploma with two years quality related experience/training or two-year technical degree in a related field.
- Radiographic Level I or II, Level II preferred.
- A.W.S. Certified Weld Inspector or A.W.S. Certified Radiographic Interpreter preferred.
- Prefer ASME, ISO or equivalent quality system experience.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Job may require working in a dusty and greasy environment, travel.
- Job may require working inside and outside of production area in rain, sleet, snow, cold and hot weather.
- Lifting, climbing, bending, stooping, or working in confined spaces to perform inspections is required.
- Scheduling Flexibility
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tomco Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and comply with all related employment regulatory requirements. We do not discriminate in employment related decisions based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Tomco Systems is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without warning.