Position Title: Sr. Accountant
Location: Loganville, GA
Functional Area: Accounting
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Date: February 2023
The Senior Accountant takes the lead role in ensuring TOMCO’s accounting records and reports are accurate, complete, timely, prepared in accordance with GAAP and consistent with corporate policy. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all financial statements, preparation of timely reporting and supporting reconciliations. This position also assists in researching and resolving issues related to cost accounting, development of internal processes and controls, forecasting, capital project analysis and completion of external audits. This position will have heavy exposure to accounting in a manufacturing environment. Job costing, standard costing, percentage of completion and inventory valuation are some examples of topics that will be encountered.
- Participate in month-end closing: preparing month-end reports, reconciling accounts, creating and posting journal entries, and analyzing and explaining variances.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, Corporate policies and internal control requirements.
- Ability with limited support to assess and understand complex business activities and transactions
- Research and resolve ERP system issues and support various information system development, conversion and implementation tasks.
- Coordinate and prepare work papers, schedules and analysis for forecasts, budgets, long-range plans, external auditors and consultants.
- Create new or revise reports and analysis to meet management and end-user needs.
- Support integration and standardization of accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess financial performance of the business and measure productivity.
- Participates in various other accounting activities or projects as necessary and/or act as a backup to others within the department.
- Promotes the high-performance work team culture by serving as a role model in accountability and results orientation.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer equipment, phones, scanners, copiers and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. High volumes of PC work associated with reporting, accounting and financial statement production.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
No regular travel is expected for this position. Intermittent trips may be required; not expected to exceed 10%.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or comparable equivalent. Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment with Cost Accounting and well-rounded ERP software experience preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience
CMA, MBA or CPA designation
Eligibility to work in the U.S. with the appropriate work authorization documentation.
TOMCO₂ Systems Company is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and complying with all related employment regulatory requirements. We do not discriminate in employment-related decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
TOMCO₂ Systems Company is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.