Position Title: Buyer
Office Location: United States
Exemption Classification: Salary / Non-Exempt
Reports To: Procurement Manager
Date: January 21, 2023
Job Summary: The Buyer is responsible for Purchasing materials, equipment, and supplies to ensure production schedules are met, in an efficient and timely manner, and to meet customer delivery expectations.
- Work closely with Production and Engineering departments and follow up by expediting materials as needed to meet department requirements.
- Follow processes to evaluate suppliers’ quotations using appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Research, select, and maintain suppliers who provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct for efficient and cost-effective operation of organization.
- Assist with the preparation and review of contracts, bids, proposals, and supplier agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Prepare and issues purchase orders and review requisitions.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships.
- Process Material Requirement Planner
- Verify inventory availability. Support the Warehouse with cycle counts.
- Prepare, maintain, and present reports, including progress reports on purchase orders for daily production meeting. Track, organize, file, and maintain purchasing documentation.
- Track and update suppliers’ delivery schedules compared to production requirements.
- Communicate with employees, managers, and suppliers to ensure expectations are managed
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Purchasing experience to include inventory control
- Experience in Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) environment
- Experience with Manufacturing ERP desired; Syteline preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent communication skills, which includes verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective internal and external relationships to achieve successful results
- Effective problem-solving skills using analytical techniques to ensure the successful implementation of corrective actions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Tomco Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and comply with all related employment regulatory requirements. We do not discriminate in employment related decisions based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Tomco Systems is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without warning.